Cadet Newsletter- January 2019 and Notices
Dear Cadets and Parents
The staff would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all back to 2019.
- Over the holidays a number of cadets attended promotion courses. We wish to publicly congratulate them.
- Promotions for these cadets and those that attended courses last July will take place at the Admin parade of the second home training on 8 February.
- We must congratulate Cadet Sergeant Munn who received the ‘Student of Merit Award’, the Battle of Long Tan Sword at the Cadet Under Officer Course. This is a massive achievement and she is to be commended for her efforts.
- Attached are the following documents for your information:
- Notification of Unit Fees for 2019
- Parade Card 2019 with calendar dates for your information on cadet activities
- Routine Orders for our first home training for 2019 for Friday 2 February when we will hold a Recruit Muster and BBQ.
- This year we are currently in discussions with a number of parties to try and improve on the Core AAC Training and Specialisation. These include:
- Training for flying UAVs
- Training for First Aid by a provider
- Specialisation in Robotics
- Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation for grade 10 cadets – subject to individual school academic subjects.
- Orders Group will be held on Wednesday, 30 January between 1530- 1600h. Cadets that attended courses in December 2018 and January 2019 are to attend including all Sergeants.
- TGS Honour Guard will commence on Wednesday, 6 February. If you are interested in joining the rifle drill team please let me know. If there is a clash with sport and you still wish to remain part of the team then let me know as well. Training will focus on vigil parties for all ANZAC services.
- Drum Corp will commence on Thursday 7 February. If you are interested in joining and getting free tuition then please let me know.
- The Q store will be open this Wednesday from 1600h.
- If you cannot attend the Recruit Muster, then please let me know via email.