Cricket – Round 1 Wrap
Dear Cricket Community,
The 2019 GPS Cricket season is well and truly underway. On Saturday, 2 February, TGS competed in round one against Gregory Terrace which is a challenging way to start our season. Our Year 8 sides were the strongest performing age group, winning three matches and losing two.
Over the weekend there were some outstanding individual performances from some of our players with both bat and ball.
Firstly, scoring a century in the schoolboy Cricket is a rare achievement and amazingly, we had two scored on the same weekend. There were also some great returns with the ball.
Congratulations must go to:
- Chace Oates (8A) who scored a rapid-fire 161 not out off 75 balls including. Chace’s innings included 132 runs in boundaries.
- Charlie Ploetz (9B) smashed 106 from 87 including 17 x 4s and 2 x 6s.
- Jacob Gross (1st XI), in his debut match scored 62 and took 3 for 45 off his 7 overs. Well done, Jacob.
- Max Schutt (11C) took 3 for 5 off 3 overs.
- In his first match for TGS, Lachlan Spies (8A) took 3 for 16 off 6 overs.
- Thisaja Samarawickrama (8A) had figures of 3 for 32 off 6 overs.
This weekend our 1st XI play Downlands College while the rest of our program will play Internal fixtures on either Friday afternoon or Saturday.
I wish all boys well on the weekend.
Yours in Cricket,
For full results and match summaries, click here.