Cadet Recruit Training Day – Sunday, 17 February
Dear Recruits and Parents
- Your son/daughter has agreed to be part of the Cadet Program at Toowoomba Grammar School.
- The Cadet Development Continuum (CDC) is the training program for cadets. In order to complete the program the week after ANZAC day, we like to get the Recruits to attend a Recruit Training Day. This enables them to feel part of the Unit the following Friday and participate in the Administration and Dismissal Parades.
- Attached is an Activity Notification Form for the Cadet Recruit Training Day. These forms are required by the Australian Army Cadets for record purposes.
- Parents are asked to print out a copy, fill in the information on page 1 and return page 1 to myself either by hand or email. Electronic signatures are acceptable. You keep page 2 as it has all the information on times and venue.
- I attach a copy of a draft program for the day.
- The Senior Cadets will be instructing under supervision of Army Cadet Staff (ACS).
- Should your son/daughter still not be in uniform they are asked to present themselves in sports uniform and with a bucket hat. Please note that uniforms are issued once we receive their enrolment forms.
- All food/rations are provided so if we have not been told please advise us if there are any special dietary requirements before the training day.
- If you have not had an opportunity we hold a parent information session towards the end of the program which you are welcome to attend.
- Over the next few weeks, they will be receiving a lot of information which should be kept together and therefore a small cadet day pack would be useful, which they can place a water bottle, stationary and notebook.