Monthly Archives: February 2019
Please click on the link below to access the draw for this Friday’s matches.
Dear Cadets and Parents
- Attached is the Activity and Notification Form for our first WTSS activity for this year for your action.
- This activity is for cadets in their second year of cadets or above.
- There are limited spaces for this activity (21). It will be first come, first served with a reserve list.
- There are 3 other WTSS activities this year, all on a Wednesday afternoon/evening.
- The activity is on Wednesday 06 March and will be out at Oakey Army AVn TC.
- Dress is DPCU Field.
- No money will be required for Pizza and soft drink as this will come out of Unit Funds.
- Cadets are to advise me of their request for a pizza from the following Value Range:
- Simply Cheese
- Cheesy Garlic Pizza
- Cheesy Garlic with Crème Fraiche
- Beef and onion
- Ham and cheese
- Spicy Veg Trio
- Gluten free base if required
What a fantastic day February 12 was for all those boys involved in the two swimming championships. The Year 7 students were at TGS in the Aquatic Centre and the Year 8-12 students were at Milne Bay Aquatic Centre. The day showcased an outstanding level of athletic ability with a large number of records being broken across the age groups.
Jude Youens 14 Years
- 200m Freestyle 2.03.05. Previous record Tom Wilson 2.04.20
- 50m Butterfly 29.65. Previous record BJ Oates 30.67
- 50m Freestyle 26.36. Previous record Tom Wilson 26.86
- 100m Freestyle 57.44. Previous record Tom Wilson 59.84
William Salmond 15 Years
- 50m Butterfly 26.04. Previous record M Sweeney 28.07
Charlie Schoorl 16 Years
- 50m Butterfly 26.73. Previous record BJ Oates 27.44/ Drew Timbs 27.70
Cooper Bridgeman Open
- 50m Butterfly 27.97. Previous record James Buk 28.55
Isaac Cooper 15 Years
- 50m Backstroke 27.89. Previous record Braiden McCarthy 28.91
Juert Eerkens 13 Years
- 50m Backstroke 32.53. Previous record BJ Oates 32.89
The Age Champions and runners up on the day deserve every accolade as their results were tremendous.
The Overall points result saw Boyce House take out the title of House Swimming champions for 2019 – I congratulate those boys on a fantastic result.
Please see below for Age Champions and House Results
Runner Up –
Dear Cricket Community,
As you would be aware, round two was our ‘bye’ weekend and as such our 1st XI played their 66th annual Tom Allen Memorial Trophy fixture against Downlands College on Mills Oval. I’d like to congratulate our 1st XI for their dominant 9 wicket victory. A special mention must go to Harry Meiklejohn who scored 51 not out in his 1st XI debut. Congratulations, Harry.
Volleyball training shirts were ordered at the beginning of the term and will be arriving around the 27th February.
A reminder that the QDU Introduction to Debating Evening is being held at Downlands College on Wednesday, 13 February at 6:30pm. Specifically targeting all new comers to debating, this night is designed to introduce everyone to what is expected from a debate. Students are welcome to attend with their parents.
The event details are available on the QDU website:
Dear Cricketers and Families,
Please be aware that tomorrow we are expecting temperatures to reach 38 degrees.
As such, please ensure your son stays hydrated throughout the day and takes a full water bottle to training in the afternoon.
Coaches will also be encouraged to provide the boys with extra drinks breaks throughout the session.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Director of Cricket
The first official GPS pre-meet of the 2019 GPS Swimming season went underway on Friday, 9 February at Brisbane Aquatic Centre. Hosted the School, the swimmers were rearing to go under the guidance of newly appointed Captain, Charlie Schoorl.