Monthly Archives: March 2019
NEXT BUSH ORIENTEERING EVENT ON THE SOUTHERN DOWNS
Sunday, 17 March – Leyburn State Forest, west of Warwick
Come and join us for our first bush orienteering event for the season and enjoy orienteering in this open spur/gully eucalypt forest.
Courses: Hard 1 (8.6km); Hard 2 (6.2km); Hard 3 (4.9km); Hard 4 (3.4km); Hard 5 (2.7km); Moderate 1 (3.5km); Moderate 2 (2.3km); Easy (2.1km); Very Easy (1.4km)
Online Entries: Please enter online by midnight on Wednesday 13 March at https://oq.asn.au/events/7574 to ensure enough maps are available. If you can’t manage this, please email me and let me know what course you would like to do.
Sportident will be used for this event. SI sticks can be hired for $2.
Starts: 9am – 11am Close: 1pm
Members: adults – $12; junior – $8; family maximum – $32
Non-member: adults – $18; juniors – $12; family maximum – $48; Beginners – $8
Facilities: bush toilet; drinks for sale; coffee cart and muffins; sausage sizzle
From Warwick, take the Cunningham Highway westwards towards Inglewood for 34km, before turning right into Thanes Creek Road. The first 4km of this road is bitumen and it then becomes a good gravel road. 3.8km after the start of the gravel, take the right hand fork at a junction and travel a further 7km to the assembly area on Forestry Road. Allow 45 mins traveling time from Warwick.
From Stanthorpe, take the New England Highway north to Warwick and at the first set of traffic lights (the intersection with the Cunningham Highway), turn left and follow the directions as above.
Congratulations to all TGS swimmers who represented the School at the 2019 GPS Swimming Championship. Please click the link below to see an overview of the results.
Dear Cricket Community,
Our much anticipated round 6 clash with Brisbane State High School returned 12 wins and 5 losses which included some mixed performances. Our Year 10 and Year 11 sides were undefeated against BSHS, while our younger grades were outplayed by State High’s extremely strong and undefeated 7A, 7B and 8A sides. Unfortunately after a clinical day out against NC 7 days prior, the 1st XI lost by 5 wickets in what was a disappointing performance.
Dear Cadets, Recruits and Parents
- Attached is the packing list for the bivouac (Exercise Gallipoli), on 23-24 March.
- Please open this document and read both pages.
- The Q store will be open on Wednesday afternoon for those cadets/recruits that need to replace uniforms, pick up field gear, etc.
- As this activity is a combined AAC/School activity you are required to bring both DPCU and also civilian clothes which includes the issued blue long sleeved work shirt.
- If you are a recruit and still require equipment, then I suggest you contact Tentworld Toowoomba Asap.
- A list of items to purchase is attached and as pointed out before this is a one off purchase as all other clothing and equipment is provided by the Unit.
- On Friday 22 March you will be expected to present yourself in DPCU Field Marching Order. The Orderly Room will be open from 0745h for you to place your packs and webbing.
- That afternoon at Home Training we will be doing a kit inspection to make sure that you have packed correctly, before you place your gear in Roberts over night.
6 March 2019
Good morning parents of our 2019 Toowoomba Grammar School GPS Swim Team.
This morning we held our final team training session incorporating a session with Sports Psychiatrist, Mrs Faye Youens, and sharing a BBQ breakfast.
This evening we have our team dinner and presentation leading onto an exciting and memorable day for the team on Friday.
|Day and Date||Event||Venue|
|Saturday, 23 March||Trial vs TSS (1st XV only)||Moree Rugby Club|
|Saturday, 18 May||Trial vs IGS (1st XV, 2nd XV only)||IGS (School ovals)|
|Friday, 24 May||Rugby Coaches In-Service, 3.30 – 6.00pm||TGS|
|Saturday, 25 May||GPS 1st XV Round Robin (1st XV only)||TBC|
|Sunday, 26 May||Trial vs TSS (2nd XV, 16A, 15A, 14A, 13A, 12A squads only)||TSS|
|Saturday, 1 June||Trial vs BBC (1st XV, 2nd XV only)||Brisbane|
|Thursday, 6 June||Trial vs IGS (12A, 13A, 14A, 15A, 16A only)||TBC|
|Monday, 17 – Wednesday, 19 June||Internal Trials and Training for all teams||TGS Ovals|
|Wednesday, 10 July – Saturday, 13 July||TGS Rugby Camp (1st XV, 2nd XV, 16A, 15A, 14A, 13A, 12A squads only)
Saturday, 13 July – Trial games vs BGS at Northgate
|TGS – Camp
Northgate Playing Fields, Brisbane – Trial games
|Tuesday, 16 July||Training for all teams commences||TGS Ovals|
|Friday, 19 July||Trial match vs St Andrew’s College, NZ (U13)||TGS|
|Saturday, 20 July||TGS vs GT||GT|
|Saturday, 27 July||TGS vs Downlands||TGS|
|Saturday, 3 August||TGS vs IGS||IGS|
|Saturday, 10 August||TGS vs TSS||TGS|
|Saturday, 17 August||TGS vs NC||NC|
|Saturday, 24 August||TGS vs BSHS||TGS|
|Saturday, 31 August||TGS vs BBC||TGS|
|Saturday, 7 September||TGS vs ACGS||ACGS|
|Saturday, 14 September||TGS vs BGS||TGS|
|Sunday, 15 September||TGS Rugby Awards Presentation, 9.00am – 11.00am||TGS Assembly Hall|
Dear Parents, Recruits and Cadets
- Attached are this week’s Routine Orders for your action.
- Dress is DPCU Field.
- As the NCOs have to get to a Dining in Night we will finish early this week at 1745h (5.45pm.)
- All cadets that are expected as spectators at the GPS swimming are excused and should attend cadets.
- Glennie School cadets are reminded to return forms for this Sunday’s Glennie Fete.
Monday, 18 – Year 10 & 11
Tuesday, 19 – Year 12
Wednesday, 20 – Year 8
Thursday, 21 – Year 7
Friday, 22 – Year 9
Monday, 25 – Year 10
Tuesday, 26 – Year 7
Wednesday, 27 – Year 8
Thursday, 28 – Toowoomba Show Holiday
Friday, 29 – Year 9
Congratulations to all those swimmers who competed at the Darling Downs meet in Gatton on Tuesday, 5 March. These students broke an incredible 17 records on the day.
William Salmond: Continue reading
Six Toowoomba Grammar Volleyball teams commenced the local TVA (Toowoomba Volleyball Association) competition last night with wins to our Year 9, Year 10, Year 12 and 1st VI teams. Our youngest troops, Year 7 and 8 had very close games and made a lot of personal improvements throughout their match.