Monthly Archives: May 2019
Dear Cadets and Parents
- Please find attached this week’s Routine Orders for Home Training.
- Dress is DPCU Field and as it is forecast very cold please ensure you wear a DPCU jumper.
Please find attached the Excursion Application for Cadets WTSS-3 on Wednesday 19th June 2019. I will send through a nominal role and boarder/day mix when the team has been announced
TGSACU will be conducting a Base Visit to Swartz Barracks, Oakey on Tuesday 18th June 2019. A visit to a military base like Swartz Barracks gives the cadets an opportunity to look at potential career opportunities given by the ARMY. It is also an opportunity for cadets to have a hands on military experience.
Information for Parents is as follows:
Date: Tuesday 18th June 2019.
Timings: Drop off TGS loop NLT 0700. Pick up TGS loop 1530.
Boys involved in Rugby Mandatory Training will be back at TGS in time for this training.
Food: Will be supplied either by TGS or Swartz Barracks. A water bottle is to be brought with each cadet.
Dress: DPCU Barracks
We are currently in discussion with the Army on the program for the day and this will be forwarded with correspondence in due course. Please sign and return the attached permission slip to LT Trevisani NLT Friday 14th June 2019 if you wish to attend.
Please find attached information on behalf of the Director of Rugby, Mr Jono Farrell.
ALL PLAYERS MUST READ THIS INFORMATION THOROUGHLY– ANY PLAYERS WHO DO NOT ATTEND THE ‘Confidence in Contact’ SESSIONS WILL EXCLUDED FROM PLAYING GPS RUGBY.
Please find attached the RO for this week’s Home Training.
Important information for parents and cadets:
- The orderly room will be open from 0745h on Friday 24th for drop off of Packs and Webbing.
- Packing list needs to be followed closely as the Weather Forecast is for below 10 degrees Celsius. Warm under clothes, beanies and sleeping bags are vital. A kit check will be conducted and a list will be sent home for forgotten items.
- Parents please note timings for the Exercise. Drop off Saturday 0640h. Pick Up 1715h Sunday.
- The Sports Bus will run Saturday afternoon. At this stage we are waiting on game times and the bus departure time will be sent out Friday morning.
LT(AAC) Lauren Trevisani
On Saturday, there will be coaching at Goomburra between 11.30 and 3pm, (following the TGS Cadet orienteering at 9am) and Sunday morning is the Qld Sprint Champs at UQ Gatton.
Entries for Goomburra close on Thursday night at https://eventor.orienteering.asn.au/Events/Show/8162 or just email me so I can print you a map.
QLD Sprint Champs – entries also close Thursday night. NO LATE entries, no enter on the day. Also note – ALLOCATED START TIMES – start list will be put up on Eventor on Saturday.
Adventure Club Activity Report
Activity: Day Trip – Springbrook NP, Warrie Circuit
Date: 19 May 2019
The forecast was for showers. A shower greeted us as we arrived at Canyon Lookout on the Springbrook Plateau. And that was the last of the rain for the day. How good is that. Continue reading
Please find attached the Routine Orders for Friday 17th May 2019.
For your action:
- Ex Tarin Kowt Permission Forms have been sent out. Please sign and return asap for ease of catering. If you are not attending a leave form or email needs to be sent to me ASAP. Thank you for those that have already sent them back to me.
- It is starting to get cold on Parade nights now so put your cadet jumper in your bag in case you need it.
A big congratulations to CUO Tom Wallis and CDT Scott Radford for making the RSM-A Drill Team. They are off to Brisbane to represent our Battalion against cadets from other areas. Best of luck to the boys.
Well done to the cadets that attended and successfully passed LCPL’s Course last weekend. I hear it was a great weekend and lots was learnt by the cadets.
LT(AAC) Lauren Trevisani