Congratulations to everyone who made it to the Middle Distance last weekend, in these uncertain times.
There’s an OY in Brisbane this Sunday, https://eventor.orienteering.asn.au/Events/Show/10433
For our South West members, there will be 2 sprint events in Chinchilla the following Sunday, 13th September. Flyer attached.
From Mrs Nottle
With considerable difficulty (including having to change venue at short notice because the “Over the Border” map was no longer usable when the borders closed….
Anyway, BBB have persisted and are running an event at Brooklands, near Dalveen. This is a great map, and will be a good event with Liz controlling. NOTE: the shortest way (about 25 mins from Warwick, some good gravel) is along Old Stanthorpe Rd past Morgan Park Raceway. DON’T turn off to Cherrabah, and turn right just after passing under the railway bridge.
Orienteering at Dalveen – Sunday 23 August
Terrain: Undulating semi-open to open grazing land with some areas of open forest; scattered granite
Map: Brooklands Paddock, 2015; 1:10,000; 5m contour interval
Courses: Hard 1 – 5.6km; Hard 2 – 4.2km; Hard 3 – 2.9km: Moderate 1 – 3.5km; Moderate 2 – 2.5km; Easy – 1.8km; Very Easy – 1.8km
Entries: Enter online via Eventor https://eventor.orienteering.asn.au/Events/Show/10328 by Wednesday 19 August to ensure enough maps are available.
Cost: Members -Adults $ 10; Juniors $ 7; Families $ 27 Non-members – Adults $ 12; Juniors $ 9; Families $ 30
Note: To minimise money handling, entrants are asked to enter online and pay their total fee owing, including SI Hire ($2) by bank transfer to:
Bullecourt Boulder Bounders Club Inc BSB: 638-010 Account No: 9628118
Starts: 9 -11am Courses close: 1pm Facilities: Bush toilet
Directions: From Warwick, travel approx. 37km south on the New England Highway and turn off at Dalveen. Go past the shop and take the first turn on the left and then left into the Old Stanthorpe Road. Follow for 9km and turn left into paddock. Allow 40 mins from Warwick.
NOTE: Please comply with all current Covid restrictions. Do not attend this event if you have any symptoms of a cold, fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath or if you have travelled from a designated Covid hotspot. Observe social distancing at the event and sanitise your hands frequently.
Please be advised Athletics training will still continue as scheduled with the exception of throws*.
Athletes are to meet at the Woodford Shed and then relocate to GYM 3 (cricket nets) area of the GMSC
*All throws training scheduled for Friday, 7 August 2020 have been cancelled.
Welcome back to life after lockdown. Let’s hope we don’t have to go back into lockdown again this year-or ever. There are some bush orienteering events running this term but not much close to Toowoomba (see below for events). I will continue to let you know what is on and hopefully you will be able to get to some events. At the end of term, I will offer orienteering as an option during the House Carnival Day – probably using smart phones instead of Sportident if it is okay with Mr Anderson. Next term, we will have a street-o series around Toowoomba.
I will modify the requirements to have orienteering listed as a co-curricular activity this year so please keep coming to as many events as you can.
Below is also some information about regional and state trials/selection this year.
Please remember to comply with all Covid-19 restrictions and familiarize yourself with the OQ Covid-Safe Guidelines.
- Thurs 16 July – Mid Week Orienteering – Clear Mountain
- Sat 18 July onwards – Sunshine DIY – Caloundra Parks
- Sun 19 July – Ex COVID – North Shore Cross-Country (Townsville)
- Sun 19 July – MapRun Parks Series 18 – Roma St Parklands
- Tues 21 July – Night Nav – Chelmer
- Wed 22 July – Return from COVID : North Shore Urban Adventure (Townsville)
- Thurs 23 July – Mid Week Orienteering Wally Tate Park, Kuraby
- Sun 26 July – MapRun Parks Series 19 – New Farm Park
- Sun 26 July – QLD – Training for Juniors
- Continuing Mt Coot-Tha Car Wreck Challenge No.3
Dear Rugby Players,
Please see attached the basic outline and schedule for our Internal Rugby Trials for all age groups this coming Saturday. Please note what you are required to wear, venues and also what time you need to arrive.
Please also note the following important points:
For players who DID attend the Rugby Camp:
1. Players who attended the Rugby Camp are eligible to trial this weekend and compete in the contact trial games as per the schedule
For players who DID NOT attend the Rugby Camp:
2. Players who did not attend the Rugby Camp are not eligible to trial in the contact games this weekend
3. Players who did not attend the Rugby Camp will need to attend the trials for the first hour and complete the World Rugby Activate session and the Confidence in Contact session which is being run prior to the trials commencing. Following this these players will then be able to return home as they cannot take part in the full contact rugby trial games scheduled for the rest of the day
4. Players who did not attend the Rugby Camp will need to attend trainings in the first 2 weeks of term (during which all teams will complete further sessions on Confidence in Contact and revise other mandatory safety components). Following these 2 weeks of preparation, these players will then be considered eligible to commence full contact training at the start of week 3 (from Monday, 27 July) and compete in games from Round 3 onwards (Round 3 – Friday, 31 July and Saturday, 1 August)
You will receive more details regarding this in a communication from the Sports Office. We look forward to seeing you at the trials on Saturday.
All boys wishing to sign up for Tennis Coaching during Term Three, 2020 are advised to attend the Tennis Coaching Muster with Director of Tennis Coaching, Mr Gavin Wright on Friday, 17 July at 1.00pm outside the TGS Assembly Hall.
Any further Tennis enquires can be emailed to Mr Wright at [email protected] or by phoning Mr Wright directly on 0413 004 457