Dear Cadets, Recruits and Parents
- Attached is the packing list for the bivouac (Exercise Gallipoli), on 23-24 March.
- Please open this document and read both pages.
- The Q store will be open on Wednesday afternoon for those cadets/recruits that need to replace uniforms, pick up field gear, etc.
- As this activity is a combined AAC/School activity you are required to bring both DPCU and also civilian clothes which includes the issued blue long sleeved work shirt.
- If you are a recruit and still require equipment, then I suggest you contact Tentworld Toowoomba Asap.
- A list of items to purchase is attached and as pointed out before this is a one off purchase as all other clothing and equipment is provided by the Unit.
- On Friday 22 March you will be expected to present yourself in DPCU Field Marching Order. The Orderly Room will be open from 0745h for you to place your packs and webbing.
- That afternoon at Home Training we will be doing a kit inspection to make sure that you have packed correctly, before you place your gear in Roberts over night.
6 March 2019
Good morning parents of our 2019 Toowoomba Grammar School GPS Swim Team.
This morning we held our final team training session incorporating a session with Sports Psychiatrist, Mrs Faye Youens, and sharing a BBQ breakfast.
This evening we have our team dinner and presentation leading onto an exciting and memorable day for the team on Friday.
|Day and Date||Event||Venue|
|Saturday, 23 March||Trial vs TSS (1st XV only)||Moree Rugby Club|
|Saturday, 18 May||Trial vs IGS (1st XV, 2nd XV only)||IGS (School ovals)|
|Friday, 24 May||Rugby Coaches In-Service, 3.30 – 6.00pm||TGS|
|Saturday, 25 May||GPS 1st XV Round Robin (1st XV only)||TBC|
|Sunday, 26 May||Trial vs TSS (2nd XV, 16A, 15A, 14A, 13A, 12A squads only)||TSS|
|Saturday, 1 June||Trial vs BBC (1st XV, 2nd XV only)||Brisbane|
|Thursday, 6 June||Trial vs IGS (12A, 13A, 14A, 15A, 16A only)||TBC|
|Monday, 17 – Wednesday, 19 June||Internal Trials and Training for all teams||TGS Ovals|
|Wednesday, 10 July – Saturday, 13 July||TGS Rugby Camp (1st XV, 2nd XV, 16A, 15A, 14A, 13A, 12A squads only)
Saturday, 13 July – Trial games vs BGS at Northgate
|TGS – Camp
Northgate Playing Fields, Brisbane – Trial games
|Tuesday, 16 July||Training for all teams commences||TGS Ovals|
|Friday, 19 July||Trial match vs St Andrew’s College, NZ (U13)||TGS|
|Saturday, 20 July||TGS vs GT||GT|
|Saturday, 27 July||TGS vs Downlands||TGS|
|Saturday, 3 August||TGS vs IGS||IGS|
|Saturday, 10 August||TGS vs TSS||TGS|
|Saturday, 17 August||TGS vs NC||NC|
|Saturday, 24 August||TGS vs BSHS||TGS|
|Saturday, 31 August||TGS vs BBC||TGS|
|Saturday, 7 September||TGS vs ACGS||ACGS|
|Saturday, 14 September||TGS vs BGS||TGS|
|Sunday, 15 September||TGS Rugby Awards Presentation, 9.00am – 11.00am||TGS Assembly Hall|
Dear Parents, Recruits and Cadets
- Attached are this week’s Routine Orders for your action.
- Dress is DPCU Field.
- As the NCOs have to get to a Dining in Night we will finish early this week at 1745h (5.45pm.)
- All cadets that are expected as spectators at the GPS swimming are excused and should attend cadets.
- Glennie School cadets are reminded to return forms for this Sunday’s Glennie Fete.
Monday, 18 – Year 10 & 11
Tuesday, 19 – Year 12
Wednesday, 20 – Year 8
Thursday, 21 – Year 7
Friday, 22 – Year 9
Monday, 25 – Year 10
Tuesday, 26 – Year 7
Wednesday, 27 – Year 8
Thursday, 28 – Toowoomba Show Holiday
Friday, 29 – Year 9
Please find below information regarding the GPS Swimming Championships Friday, 8 March 2019.
TICKETS FOR PARENTS/SPECTATORS
Parents requiring tickets to attend the GPS Swimming Championships are to contact Sandy Mathies via email [email protected] and advise how many tickets are required.
Once the tickets become available, parents will be able to collect them from TGS Reception.
Dear Cadets, Recruits and Parents
- Attached are this week’s Routine Orders for Home Training for your action.
- Dress for this week is DPCU Field and all cadets in 2 & 3 Platoon are to be in Patrol Order (Webbing required).
- Recruits will be issued their second issue of uniforms this week and next week we will be issuing field equipment.
- If you cannot attend training this week then please book an appointment at the Q store or present yourself next Wednesday after school to collect your gear.
- Warning Order – On Friday 15 March we will have a guest speaker, Adam Holloway who is a Brisbane author. He has written a book about his great grandfather who was on Old Boy of Toowoomba Grammar School who joined the AIF in 1917. He will be presenting his book here at Cadets from 1600-1700h in the Hugh Rose Centre and parents are welcome to join us. For many new and old parents the school now has a Commemorative Website which honours TGS Old Boys that have paid the supreme sacrifice. You can access this by going to: TGS Old Boys Commemorative Website. With ANZAC day approaching and with the TGS school service commemorating First World War Old Boys, you may wish to look at the information on the Honour Roll.
- You are REMINDED that forms for the upcoming bivouac/camp for this term are due to be returned to myself either by email or by hand to the Orderly Room.
Our trials are on this Friday, 1 March, starting at 3.30pm and finishing at 5.00pm.
All boys, where possible, are asked to be in Football training gear for the afternoon. Those boys who do not have a training shirt or shorts are to wear Golds.
Dear Cadets and Parents
- Attached are two forms for our first bivouac for the year, for your action.
- The bivouac is on the weekend of 23-24 March. If you are playing sport that weekend then please let me know when you return your forms including which team and sport you are playing.
- A sports bus will be organised for that weekend after sport to take cadets out to the bivouac.
- Please fill in both forms as we will be conducting a school based activity after we complete our AAC training for the weekend on the Sunday afternoon. Forms need to be returned by the 8 March to the Orderly Room.
- A packing list will be sent in due course.
- Recruits are required to purchase a number of items which are a one off requirement. These can be purchased from Tentworld Toowoomba on Anzac Avenue. A list is attached for your information. All other equipment is supplied by the Unit and issues will be made in a couple of weeks’ time at home training.