The TGS Swim Club competed at the QLD Short Course Championships at Chandler over this past weekend. There were some fantastic swims from all participants but particular mention must go to:
Juert Eerkens (U12)
- Silver 100m Backstroke with a 1.53 sec PB – 1.05.62
- Silver 50m Backstroke with a 0.62 PB – 29.65
- 3rd 50m Butterfly in a 1.20 sec PB – 29.34
- 5th 50m Freestyle with a 0.05 sec PB – 27.34
- 6th 100m Individual Medley with a 0.66 sec PB – 1.09.30
William Salmond (U15)
- Silver 50m Freestyle with a 1.24 sec PB – 23.86
- Silver 50m Butterfly with a 0.05 PB – 25.28
- 4th 100m Butterfly with a 0.03 PB – 56.32
- 4th 50m Backstroke with a 0.33 PB – 26.29
Isaac Cooper (U15)
- GOLD 50m Backstroke adding only 0.04 sec – 25.64
- Bronze 50m Butterfly adding only 0.17 sec – 25.67
- 4th 100m Backstroke with a 0.22 sec PB – 56.68
- 4th OPEN 50m Backstroke
- 5th 100m Freestyle with a 1.43 sec PB – 52.67
Other TGS students included Archie Craig, Mitchell Crook, Zac Reid who also swam very well in a very talented field. Both George Tighe and Ryan Lynch withdrew to sickness.
Congratulations to all these swimmers.
ONLINE ORDER CODE: CN5 ZBK YE5
School extra-curricular group photographs were taken recently. These groups may include sports teams / prefect groups, bands or other extra-curricular groups and these group images are now available for purchase at the advancedlife Toowoomba Grammar School Community Portal.
Simply follow the link above or click order now to go directly to your community portal.
- Extra-curricular group photos can only be purchased online DO NOT return payment to school
● If your child’s group or team has not yet been photographed and is scheduled to be photographed at a later date, you will receive an additional email notification when the images are ready to be ordered
● Photos will be returned to your school for distribution approximately six weeks after photos are ordered
● Past years’ photographs including sports, extra-curricular and representative groups are also available at your school’s advancedlife & your advancedyou photo sites (follow the link above)
advancedlife would like to express our appreciation to Toowoomba Grammar School for placing your trust in us. Please remember we offer a 100% money back guarantee on our products to ensure your peace of mind. We would also love to receive your feedback or resolve any issues you may experience as fast as possible, to ensure your satisfaction. If you have any questions, comments or feedback relating to your advancedlife experience please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to Henry Reardon who competed in the World Swimming Trials in Brisbane last week.
This was Henry’s first venture into Top level Para Swimming where he competed against Olympians and the actual team for World Champs.
Heats to Finals
- 100m Backstroke / 5th / 1.10.14 – 1.11.49 5th
- 50m Freestyle / 5th / 26.81 – 27.05 4th
- 100m Freestyle / 6th / 59.78 – 1.00.01 6th
Congratulations to all TGS swimmers who represented the School at the 2019 GPS Swimming Championship. Please click the link below to see an overview of the results.
6 March 2019
Good morning parents of our 2019 Toowoomba Grammar School GPS Swim Team.
This morning we held our final team training session incorporating a session with Sports Psychiatrist, Mrs Faye Youens, and sharing a BBQ breakfast.
This evening we have our team dinner and presentation leading onto an exciting and memorable day for the team on Friday.
Congratulations to all those swimmers who competed at the Darling Downs meet in Gatton on Tuesday, 5 March. These students broke an incredible 17 records on the day.
William Salmond: Continue reading
Please find below information regarding the GPS Swimming Championships Friday, 8 March 2019.
TICKETS FOR PARENTS/SPECTATORS
Parents requiring tickets to attend the GPS Swimming Championships are to contact Sandy Mathies via email email@example.com and advise how many tickets are required.
Once the tickets become available, parents will be able to collect them from TGS Reception.
Please click on the link below to check your sport selection for Term 2 2019.
If you think there is an error, please visit the Sport and Activities Office as soon as possible.