|Saturday, 1 February||TGS v BGS||TGS|
|Saturday, 8 February||TGS v GT||GT|
|Saturday, 15 February||TGS v BYE||BYE|
|Saturday, 22 February||TGS v IGS||IGS|
|Saturday, 29 February||TGS v TSS||TGS|
|Saturday, 7 March||TGS v NC||NC|
|Saturday, 14 March||TGS v BSHS||TGS|
|Saturday, 21 March||TGS v BBC||TGS|
|Saturday, 28 March||TGS v ACGS||ACGS|
Home Games – [Home Venue] 1st XI, 4th XI, 5th XI, 6th XI, Year 11, Year 9, Year 7 & Year 5
[Away Venue] 2nd XI, 3rd XI, Year 10, Year 8 & Year 6
|Saturday, 8 February||TGS v NC||NC|
|Saturday, 15 February||TGS v GT||TGS|
|Saturday, 22 February||TGS v ACGS||TGS|
|Saturday, 29 February||TGS v BBC||BBC|
|Saturday, 7 March||TGS v IGS||TGS|
|Saturday, 14 March||TGS v BGS||BGS|
|Saturday, 21 March||TGS v BSHS||BSHS|
Please note: GPS Volleyball is no longer aligned with GPS Cricket.
|Friday, 7 February||TGS Invitational Carnival||Brisbane Aquatic Centre, Chandler|
|Friday, 21 February||ACGS Invitational Carnival||Brisbane Aquatic Centre, Chandler|
|Friday, 6 March||GPS Championship||Brisbane Aquatic Centre, Chandler|
|Session 1 (10 – 12 Yrs)||8.30am – 12.15pm|
|Session 2 (13 Yrs – Open)||1.30pm – 5.45pm|
Congratulations to Isaac Cooper who recently competed at the State Teams Short Course Challenge. This is a National competition where swimmers are selected to represent their state. Isaac was selected in the QLD team after winning several medals at the QLD Short Course Championships. An invitational NZ team is also represented at the meet.
Isaac finished the meet with the following individual swims in the Mens 15yrs age group:
- 2nd 50m Backstroke (New QLD Short Course Record)
- 2nd 100m Backstroke
- 2nd 200m Backstroke
- 5th 50m Freestyle
- 5th 50m Butterfly
- 1st 8 x 50 Freestyle relay
- 2nd 4 x 100 Medley relay
- 3rd 4 x 100 freestyle relay
6am – 7am
BBQ breakfast provided afterwards
Boys need to wear their TGS togs, and goggles and swimming caps if they have them
These sessions provide a great opportunity for boys and their houses to prepare for the upcoming swimming carnival.
Dear Swimming Parents,
Please see attached a request for assistance by the TGS Swimming Supporter’s Group for the upcoming Melbourne Cup Luncheon.
Queries can be directed to:
Treasurer and Event Co-ordinator
Toowoomba Grammar School Swimming Supporters’ Group
Mobile: 0429 873 755
We look forward to any support you can offer to this event.
DD 13 – 17 Years Water Polo trial nominations have now opened.
Should you wish to attend these trials, Please complete and return the attached to the Sport & Activities Office by Monday, 7 October no later than 3.30pm.
Applications to attend are subject to acceptance by the School.
Sport: Water Polo
Age Group: 13 – 17 Years
Date to be Held: Wednesday, 16 October 2019
Time: 3.30pm – 5.00pm
Venue: Centenary Heights SHS Aquatic Centre
Cost: $10.00 – Charged to School Account
What to Wear: TGS Golds
What to Bring: Mouthguard, Water Bottle and appropriate Equipment.
Please Note: A Darling Downs team will be selected to attend the State Titles at Southport April 30-3 May, 2020. Students must be available for the full duration of the championships if selected.
Transport: Boarders are to see the Sports & Activities Office to arrange.
Dayboys are to arrange their own transport
Should you have any questions, please see the Sport & Activities Office.
The TGS Swim Club competed at the QLD Short Course Championships at Chandler over this past weekend. There were some fantastic swims from all participants but particular mention must go to:
Juert Eerkens (U12)
- Silver 100m Backstroke with a 1.53 sec PB – 1.05.62
- Silver 50m Backstroke with a 0.62 PB – 29.65
- 3rd 50m Butterfly in a 1.20 sec PB – 29.34
- 5th 50m Freestyle with a 0.05 sec PB – 27.34
- 6th 100m Individual Medley with a 0.66 sec PB – 1.09.30
William Salmond (U15)
- Silver 50m Freestyle with a 1.24 sec PB – 23.86
- Silver 50m Butterfly with a 0.05 PB – 25.28
- 4th 100m Butterfly with a 0.03 PB – 56.32
- 4th 50m Backstroke with a 0.33 PB – 26.29
Isaac Cooper (U15)
- GOLD 50m Backstroke adding only 0.04 sec – 25.64
- Bronze 50m Butterfly adding only 0.17 sec – 25.67
- 4th 100m Backstroke with a 0.22 sec PB – 56.68
- 4th OPEN 50m Backstroke
- 5th 100m Freestyle with a 1.43 sec PB – 52.67
Other TGS students included Archie Craig, Mitchell Crook, Zac Reid who also swam very well in a very talented field. Both George Tighe and Ryan Lynch withdrew to sickness.
Congratulations to all these swimmers.
ONLINE ORDER CODE: CN5 ZBK YE5
School extra-curricular group photographs were taken recently. These groups may include sports teams / prefect groups, bands or other extra-curricular groups and these group images are now available for purchase at the advancedlife Toowoomba Grammar School Community Portal.
Simply follow the link above or click order now to go directly to your community portal.
- Extra-curricular group photos can only be purchased online DO NOT return payment to school
● If your child’s group or team has not yet been photographed and is scheduled to be photographed at a later date, you will receive an additional email notification when the images are ready to be ordered
● Photos will be returned to your school for distribution approximately six weeks after photos are ordered
● Past years’ photographs including sports, extra-curricular and representative groups are also available at your school’s advancedlife & your advancedyou photo sites (follow the link above)
advancedlife would like to express our appreciation to Toowoomba Grammar School for placing your trust in us. Please remember we offer a 100% money back guarantee on our products to ensure your peace of mind. We would also love to receive your feedback or resolve any issues you may experience as fast as possible, to ensure your satisfaction. If you have any questions, comments or feedback relating to your advancedlife experience please contact us at email@example.com
Congratulations to Henry Reardon who competed in the World Swimming Trials in Brisbane last week.
This was Henry’s first venture into Top level Para Swimming where he competed against Olympians and the actual team for World Champs.
Heats to Finals
- 100m Backstroke / 5th / 1.10.14 – 1.11.49 5th
- 50m Freestyle / 5th / 26.81 – 27.05 4th
- 100m Freestyle / 6th / 59.78 – 1.00.01 6th